Wellness Week: Fashion Friday!
Happy Friday y’all!
It’s finally the weekend which means the work skirts can be put away and the party dresses can be broken out! Friday is all about letting loose and forgetting any stress that may have come your way during the week…and what better way to do that than to get dressed up with your girls and hit the town? Enjoy it!
So, for my first fashion friday post, I just wanted to cover the basics of what every girl should own; the staples. These are very important items because they really bring your whole style and sense of fashion together! So here we go…make sure to make note of these if you know you don’t have some of them and go out and treat yourself!
- A good, plain white tee ~ I can’t stress enough how vital it is to have a good white tee on hand. It’s perfect for any occasion because it coordinates with everything!!
- Ballet flats ~ Flats are the perfect choice if you’re looking to dress up a casual outfit without going over the top, or dress down a fancy outfit in a very subtle way, but chic way.
- Nice black pants ~ Let’s just face it, black pants go with everything. They’re a must have. Enough said.
- Classic pumps ~ How could you live without?! Owning a classic pair of pumps, nude, black, or grey, gives you the freedom to dress comfortably but still look fashionable and neutralizes an outfit that might seem to fancy. They are the perfect in between for anything you might need.
- Dark denim over light denim ~ Everyone loves a good pair of denim jeans, but many seem to go for light over dark. This shouldn’t be the case. The variety of styles that you are able to create with dark denim outweigh the choices with light, so in the end you’ll get more wears by choosing dark over light.
- A classic little black dress ~ Whether you’re going to a wedding, a baby shower, a Christmas party, or to a family event, you can never go wrong with a little black dress (pair it together with your classic pumps and you’re all set!)
- Stud earrings ~ There’s a time and a place for big hoop earrings or shimmering dangling jewels. In your everyday life, you should have a nice, neutral pair of stud earrings to wear and save the big & bold for special occasions. It helps create a clean, sophisticated look.
- Neutral colored hand bag ~ By having a neutral colored hand bag ready to go at all times, you’ll never need to second guess which purse to wear with which outfit. Designs and funky colors on hand bags are fun and all, but when it comes time to tie together an outfit for a night out, your best bet might just be to go with the neutral one!
Although there can essentially be many staples/must haves, these are some of the most important ones that will help start you off on your journey to finding your style! From here, you can pair each item with whatever else you may choose. This is your time to get creative; create your own style and have it reflect who you are as a person! As they say, fashion is the reflection of a girl’s personality!
Next fashion friday I will be talking about how to find the best place to buy cute clothes at an affordable price! I will also be talking about the do’s and don’ts of online shopping! Stay tuned.
Tomorrow is stress-free saturday! Follow and stay tuned for more this week.